A tasty twist on a WASP-y favorite: Avocado Toast.
This version utilizes sweet potato instead of bread, upping the flavor and nutrients, while skipping the gluten and grains. Your gut and your taste buds will thank you.
Bredesen Protocol Approved
Plant Paradox Approved
½ Sweet Potato
1 Avocado, Cubed
4 Tbsp Olive Oil
½ Lime or Lemon
Optional: Chili Flakes *
* To keep it Plant Paradox compliant, replace chili flakes with chili powder or Sriracha.
1. Using a sharp nice, cut the sweet potato lengthwise into thin slices (about ¼ inch-thick).
2. Place the slices in a toaster (or toaster oven) for 5 minutes, or until golden and crispy. You will need to toast them a few times if using toaster.
3. Mix avocado cubes with olive oil, lemon or lime juice, and a pinch of salt.
4. Put avocado mixture on top of the sweet potato slice, and top with chili flakes (or desired toppers).
Eggs over-easy or slow cooked (pictured), pomegranate seeds, smoked salmon, capers, , sliced onion, sliced tomatoes, cilantro, parsley, basil.