A good soup is like a good blanket: nourishing, warming to the core, and puts you right to sleep. This broccoli-blanky is a winter necessity, keeping you not only warm but healthy and sharp, even through the hectic holidays.
Bredesen Protocol Approved
Plant Paradox Approved
1 Onion (or 2 Leeks)
4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
2 Tbsp Avocado Oil
2 tsp Ginger, Chopped
2 Bunches Broccoli, Chopped
1 Can (14oz) Coconut Milk
1 c Bone Broth
1 tsp Turmeric
¼ c Pine Nuts, Toasted
1 Bunch Parsley
1 tsp Salt
1. Sauté the onion and garlic in avocado oil in a large pan until translucent.
2. Add in the coconut milk, bone broth, salt, turmeric, ginger, and broccoli.
3. Simmer on low heat for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Let the mixture cool, then transfer to a blender. Add in pine nuts, and puree.
5. Garnish with parsley and additional pine nuts if desired.
Add on the herbs, nuts, and seeds! Try cilantro, mint, rosemary, hemp, flax, sesame, or chia seed; almonds, walnuts, or macadamia nuts (chopped or pureed into a butter). Save some coconut milk to drizzle on top.